Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Halloween this year was kinda "off"

Let me back up.
Thursday night Lance, Livy, and I flew out to Utah for Luke's wedding (Lance's younger brother).
Beth and Izzy stayed in Austin with some friends.

Saturday morning I find out Izzy has thrown up at our friends house...
the mom taking care of her is about 11 weeks pregnant, and sick.
I'd made these arrangements before any of us knew.
Luckily throughout the day she felt better.

Sunday afternoon we got home.
After 3 straight nights of 6 hours of sleep (Liv slept slightly more... but not much) we were exhuasted.
After 3 nights of "sleepovers" Beth and Izzy were also exhausted.

Sunday night we carve pumpkins.
Not because any of us really wanted to.
Just because it is what we do.
And Halloween was the next day.

Halloween morning.
I wake up with flu like symptoms...
As did 7 others of Lance's family that attended the wedding that weekend.
After throwing up for the first time in over 8 years (it was as fun as I remember it being :) I mustered up the energy to get the kids dressed up in costume and walk around the block with them trick or treating
(I probably should have stayed home but I LOVE LOVE LOVE trick or treating and didn't want to miss it )

Halloween night.
Izzy can't go to sleep because of some bladder issues (Still currently trying to figure those out, as they woke her up last night as well)
I go to bed with chills and fever.
Next day I feel better....
Then I get a migraine just for kicks.

Today doing better....
still feeling lasting effects from migraine
Think flu/food poisoning is gone.

Also re-reading this post and realizing it's boring and whiny.
Sorry about that.
Don't really care enough to change it though.

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween.


My kids are obsessed with cats. Every year they want a cat carving.
And
"No Dad. You can NOT bring Snugs with you to Texas this Christmas.
The girls will see her when they come to Utah next..."

Beth was the "Queen of Hearts" and wore a costume that my mom made me when I was her age.
Izzy was a fairy... again.
For some reason my kids are totally fine with simple costumes.
They even prefer ones they have already wore in past years.
Izzy has already asked me to be a kitty next year... even though she was a kitty last year... and I'm pretty sure the year before that as well.


Molly went as a big fat black pig.
Lance went as a tired, over worked lawyer.
Liv went as "Chubs" and was eyeing all the candy.
I just went.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a whirlwind weekend. I bet you are tired!!! Sorry about the puking. Not fun. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Is that orange stuff coming out of Lance's mouth or going in??