Monday, December 5, 2011

Is it time for another post already???

My excuse for not posting recently is because it's been so busy lately.
And because I forget to take pictures.
And because I'm lazy.

November came and went..
and with it came many days helping out in Beth's kinder class, going to Thanksgiving lunches with both Izzy and Beth at their schools, transitioning from being the Primary secretary to the YW, dentist appointments, dr. appointments ( ya know, trying to squeeze them in before the end of the year... needless to say we reached my deductible this year), and Thanksgiving ( and our favorite weekend.... Thanksgiving weekend).

Some highlights include:

*Helping with Beth's Pow Wow at school (they got to make shirts, listen to stories, make necklaces, go "hunting" for buffalo, etc.)
* Tiger Fun festival at Beth's school
*Watching Beth in her Thanksgiving program (she was the corn :)
* Eating Thanksgiving lunch with Izzy at her preschool
* Having our computer crash the day before Thanksgiving ( at least it was good timing for Black Friday)
* FINALLY getting a new cell phone. Now I just have to learn how to use it.. along with the new computer.
*Having our good friends, the Shreeve's over for Thanksgiving dinner
(Complete with all the traditional menu items, pumpkin, and butterscotch pie, Cars 2, and football of course)
* Our favorite weekend... which included:
- The bounce house
(the kids picked that over Sea World... Lance and I were totally ok with that :)
- Lunch at Costco ( why do we love this so much... I don't know)
-Seeing the new Muppet movie in the theater (cute)
-Thanksgiving LO's for dinner (Yum)
-I'm sure our favorite restaurant, Chuy's, was in there somewhere
-Setting up the Christmas stuff
(no Christmas tree yet... we're getting a real one this year. It's our year for my parents to come to Austin for Christmas...yea for no traveling...)


And welcome December!!!

I was having a hard time getting excited for all the Christmas bustle and shopping.
It's hard to feel the Christmas spirit when it's 80 degrees outside and all the stores have had their stuff out for a month and a half already.
Thankfully this past weekend we had the temperature drop drastically.
We also welcomed in the season with our annual stake Christmas concert, our ward Christmas breakfast, and the First Presidency Devotional.
It did the trick.
Now I'm ready to tackle my list.
Bring on the
Christmas cards
Grandparent gifts
Shopping
(I can't believe I've waiting this long to get started)
And Christmas menu planning

I love having my parents come for Christmas.
I love not having to haul my whole family to Utah, along with gifts and winter clothes.
I love being able to plan our winter break.
I love not having to work around everyone else's schedules.
I love hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals
(I'm sure that comment will come back to haunt me)
I love being able to buy big presents and not have to worry about them fitting in a suitcase.

So have a very merry Christmas Season and enjoy the month...


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! You have been busy! I am still a little sad we couldn't do Thanksgiving together... Miss you! We'll have to do something again soon.

Melissa said...

fun stuff at your house! I'm hosting Christmas this year too--so get your meal plan figured out and email it to me! :) we should chat sometime, 'eh?