Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Izzy's 4th Birthday

This year Izzy's birthday landed on a Sunday,
which meant celebrating both Saturday and Sunday
(darn :)

Izzy chose to go to Chuy's, her favorite restaurant (along with Costco) for her birthday dinner on Saturday. We, of course, were perfectly fine with this choice.
We also hiked along the greenbelt, which I don't think Izzy would have chosen, if I would given her the choice. Lance and I just wanted to get out of the house.

Sunday morning dawned early (we have 9am church).
All week she had been telling me she was so excited for her birthday because she was going to get Trix.
So Sunday morning she got her beloved Trix before church.
We waited until after church to open presents.
(A princess computer, Ariel bathtub boat, coloring book from Beth, Strawberry Shortcake movie, teddy bear, book, and puzzles.)


I finally got to use my sign I made a few months ago.
The back says "Congratulations"

Izzy chose little chocolate bears for her cake this year. We each got to decorate and eat our own. Thanks to Grandma Jensen, who always has a plethora of fun ideas and pans for us to borrow!

She blew out her candles in front of the computer so Grandma Jensen and co. could sing to her and watch her. We re-did the whole candle scene with Grammie and Poppy 30 minutes later.
Someday my family will actually be with us on our birthdays!!!

Happy Birthday Little Izkins!
We love you!

No comments: