Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another month gone by... February in a Nutshell

I can't believe I haven't blogged for over a month.
To be honest I haven't taken a single picture all of February...and that's especially sad when you have a 9 month old. I should be documenting those milestones and that cute little kissable face.
But I'm not.
I'll try to do better in March.

As is tradition when I get so far behind I don't know where to begin... here are some highlights (and not such highlights) from February...

* Beth performed in her Kindergarten Singing Program. She looked forward to it and counted down the days until it arrived. She was very excited. (Once again... no pictures...I was feeling lazy that night and just wanted to watch.)

*We got to visit with our good friends, the Johnson's, on their way home from their trip to San Antonio on a lovely Sunday afternoon. Well actually it wasn't so lovely outside. That was the day it snowed in a lot of Texas. It was cold and windy. It was lovely to see them, however, and always nice to spend Sunday afternoon with loved ones.

*Valentines Day. Oh Valentines Day. Both Beth and Izzy had their V-Day parties at school, which I didn't attend due to Liv's nap time being right in the middle. Lance found out that morning he had a looming deadline at the end of the week and needed to stay at work late for the rest of the week. I tried to have a good attitude about it. I usually prepare something special for Lance for Valentines Day but, in fact, I hadn't this year... just because. But when the evening came and my neighbor blew in, preceded to tell me all the cute things her and her husband were doing that night, and told me my cookies looked so fattening they made her sick, and then blew out I guess my good attitude slipped out the door with her. Needless to say the night ended badly and V-day was done for another year. Sad. I LOVE Valentines Day, always have, and was disappointed I couldn't keep my cool. Thankfully, that Friday Lance took me out to a lovely restaurant, Estância Churrascaria (it's like the Rodizio Grill in SLC), and we rented "Warrior" (not a romantic movie but a good one). Bless his heart! In his defense he had brought me flowers the week before and chocolates when he came home Valentines night.

*Izzy started soccer. She's only had 2 practices but it's so fun to watch 4 year olds run around, and usually in the wrong direction all together, chasing a soccer ball. I can't wait to see their game this Sat.

*We had a Girls Night Out at Chuy's and went to see our dear friend, Janessa, and her new baby boy, Tyler, in the hospital the night he was born. It was wonderful to feel the Spirit that was in the room. It's only been 9 months since I gave birth but I miss those first couple of days and the spiritual high I feel after having a baby.

* This past week Liv, myself, and Izzy all got sick a few days apart from each other. Throwing up, fever, and chills. It was less than awesome. Thankfully Lance walked in the door at 10:45pm on Saturday night, just moments after I had thrown up (TMI?) and was able to take care of a sick Liv while I sat like a lump on the couch. Divine intervention in my opinion.

* Feb. ended with my wondering if it would be ethical to move my neighbors out of their house so I would never have to deal with the drama they ensue EVER again. More drama, accusations about our family not liking them and only talking to them because we were both members of the same church, telling me I don't really like to serve them...I only do it out of obligation, etc. You get the picture. It was lovely. And this was after she came over asking for MY help with something. I think it's time we move. Again.

So with March around the corner I'm looking forward to 1- Lance not working 13-15 a day, including Saturdays and 2- welcoming my sister, Em, home from her mission in Independance, MO. My parents flew out today to pick her up and tour some of the church history sites. Two days after she gets home she'll get on another plane and come visit us !! And then of course it's spring break in Texas, which means madness wherever you go. We'll come up with something to keep us sane...I hope.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Oh Rach...... I just love you and your blog, with or without pictures. :) Sorry to hear about the "neighbor" who will remain unnamed and your sickness and your valentines (at least you got flowers and chocolate)! You are seriously my favorite person and the thought of you moving breaks my heart! Love you girl and your honesty.