Thursday, September 27, 2012

Summer Happenings

This summer was SO busy I didn't even think about blogging.
In fact I was thinking of giving it up after moving anyway.
I mean who really looks at these pictures other than grandma and grandpa?
And now we can see them in person on a regualr basis!!!


OK. So quick update.

We moved back to Utah.
Kaysville, to be exact.
(I guess I need a whole other post on our new house)

We moved in the week before Labor Day.
Can I just say I HATE moving. 
I am so happy it's behind me...I hope for a very long time.

I don't have any pictures of the actual move because when I move the last thing on my mind is taking pictures.
I will mention that my dad was sweet enough to fly out and drive the girls and I back in our Sequoia, pulling a trailer.
Lance's brothers, Luke and Ian, flew out and helped him load the truck and then drive back in the Honda with Molly (our lab). 
Our stuff was "Hauled" by U-Haul and stored in Bountiful in pods while we found a house. 
We were so grateful to find a house and be able to close, clean, repaint, re-carpet, and move in before school started. 
I really wanted to get both girls settled in school from the beginning of the year.
It was close...but we made it!
Thankfully school didn't start in Davis County until the day after Labor Day.

Ok... on to pictures.


 Liv entertaining herself while I packed up the house


 Before we moved we took one last trip to the coast.
First we stopped off for a night in Corpus Christi and went to the Texas State Aquarium.


 That is a laugh...not a cry.





 We made our way down the coast to our favorite spot on the coast.
South Padre!!
Complete with pirates, good seafood, warm water, and soft sand.
And LOTS of SPF!!



Did anyone doubt she was truly my daughter??
Popcorn is a staple at a very young age...teeth or not!


First day of 1st grade.
Endeavor Elementary


First day of preschool.
Challenger.



 Beth's birthday cake 
(she requested it like this. I think it's hideous but she liked it so whatever...)


For her 7th birthday she wanted to go to temple square with her family (and extended) to walk around.
We went to one of her favorite restaurants afterwards, Costa Vida.




My girls. Some of the best pictures are ones you don't plan.





Izzy preparing for her "Western Day" at preschool.

Well that's pretty much all I've documented with my own camera. There are still a few I need to get from my mom's camera of fun things we did over the summer while we stayed with them.

As of now we're finally settled, getting to know our neighbors, making new friends, and enjoying this thing we call  FALL that we haven't felt in 6 years!!!

\

1 comment:

Breea said...

i love your cute family! Too bad we couldn't be with you in South Padre this time! I am so glad you had a fun summer. We will definitely have to get together next time I am in Utah or if you ever want to come to San Diego you can stay with us...it isn't glamorous living but we have plenty of air mattresses. Where in Kaysville did you move? I love Kaysville!!! I miss Bowman's and Ben Franklin Crafts...